Monday, April 25, 2011

Super Pinky Brown

I have been wanting a decent Amber/Honey/Chesnut lens recently and stumbled upon Super Pinky Brown. I haven't really seen any pics of them (I'll be honest I wasn't really searching for them either) I went ahead and ordered them. I got them from http://www.honeycolor.com/ an d they arrived in about 10 days give or take. They were $23.30 USD plus shipping. Their specifications are as follows:

Base Curve: 8.6
Diameter:   14.88
Usage: Yearly Replacement
Parameters: Plano to -8.50
Brand: Super Pinky

I find them very comfortable. I was able to wear them for 12 hours and only had to rewet them once. They did slide around a little bit at first due to their base curve. After a few hours of my eyes adjusting to the lenses they centered just fine. They have good visual clarity and their parameter is spot on. I do think their blending could be slightly better. Despite the pupil hole size it works well overall. These are def. a natural lens despite their enlarging effect. I do get a bit of leakage but it's hardly noticable. Pics were taken indoors with delayed flash and artificial light.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Overall I am satisfied with the results. They look very nice IRL and they're super comfortable. If someone were looking for a decent Amber/Honey/Chesnut lens I would recommend these. They're comfortable, natural and cheap!

DISCLAIMER: The lenses pictured in this review were not provided or sponsered to me. They were purchased with my own money. I am not affiliated with the lens manufacturer/brand (Super Pinky) or the online kiosk whom I purchased them through (http://www.honeycolor.com/). The thoughts and opinions in this review are solely my own and no one elses. I was not paid or comensated in any way or form for this review.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I love this lens!

Gregg said...

I like it as well. I am debating between a few lenses now but this line is def one I'm interested in trying more colors from.

Unknown said...

Also...what is the difference between bitone and tritone? Which is more realistic?

Gregg said...

Bi Tone lenses are 2 toned. They consist of the main color, as well as a contrasting limbal ring color. Tri tone lenses are 3 toned. They consist of a starburst of sorts to blend with the wearers natural eye color (usually some VARIANT of a shade of brown), the main color of the lens/desired eye color, and a contrasting charcoal/black limbal ring. The best example of these types of lenses would be FreshLook Colorblends (Amber/Orange Starburst around the pupil, Desired color making up the bulk/middle of the lens, Charcoal/dark grey/black limbal ring to confine the colors and make the desired color more noticable/slightly enlarge the iris). Hope that makes sense/helps clarify somewhat.

Anonymous said...

I am really in love with this color. Do you think the color would show up on my black/dark brown eyes? (I have the Venus Ambers and I don't want it to be QUITE that vibrant, but still somewhat noticeable)

JoLensChile said...

great job , good pictures , a hug from chile!!
Joanna
Jolenschile