Saturday, September 17, 2011

FreshLook Colorblends Blue...

I generally wear very vibrant lenses. Fluid colors, defined bold limbal rings, insanely bright tones. I personally love the look of vibrant, fluid, almost electric pale blue eyes. I also love the added touch of a bold, strong limbal ring that's noticable as I have small eyes naturally and no limbal ring whatsoever. Lately though I've been wanting something more "ordinary". While I'm at work I feel that without my everyday same lenses (which rotate between Elegance Light Blue and Natural Touch Baby Blue"I don't look put together. On my time off when I'm running errands or lounging aroud I feel they can sometimes be "too much" if that makes sense. I prefer more "subtle" lenses for those days. Problem is those lenses have been dwindling from my supply. I've also been missing FreshLook lately! Random cos It's the first lens I started wearing forever ago. Even more random is that I've been itching for regular FreshLook Colorblends in Blue.

Needless to say I went to the eye doctors and baught some (amongst a few other colors). Thought I'd share some pics of an overworn lens ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They're no super fancy. They don't offer insane enlargement. In person they're not super bright. They are a very natural medium blue. They do offer a natural enlargement. They compliment my features nicely without being to attention grabbing.

Overall I like them. No frills, good comfort, and great visual clarity. Occasionally they do slide because of their base curve, but they also settle eventually. Not drying and great for long hours of wear. I recommend them for anyone who want's to try a blue but hasn't before. They're not to bright, not to dark. Subtle, yet noticable. A great way to have "blue eyes" without changing your eye color so drastically that they scream "Oh (insert name) has REALLY blue eyes today. Hmmmm...."

Disclaimer:
These lenses were baught and paid for with my own money. I am in no way affiliated with FreshLook, Ciba Vision, or their parent company Novartis. I was in no way shape or form compensated financially or otherwise for this review. All thoughts, and opinions are solely my own. All images in this blog post bearing this blogs name are my sole property and may not be used or redistributed without my express permission.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the awesome review. :)

Gregg said...

You're more than welcome!

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg,

Wanted to ask you what you think the best alternative is to the sultry gray Ciba Vision Elegance lenses that were discontinued some years ago. I have dark brown eyes and I saw your upload about the Eos Adult gray ones and must say they looked great on you and the tiger lines were more subtle than the Elegance ones. would you recommend them as the best alternative or some other?

Gregg said...

Mikey:

I think the EOS Adult New Pattern is the closest as far as fluid appearance is concerned. As far as vibrancy, Bausch&Lomb Softlens Natural Colors in Platinum is the closest I've seen come to Elegance Greys effect. I think Dolly Eye Grey could have been close buy IMHO the Dolly Eye series aims for the Natural Touch/ Elegance feel but misses the mark.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a ton

Anonymous said...

Looking to get the Dolly Eye in grey to replace NT bany blue. Could you possibly do a review on these? It would be much appreciated.

Gregg said...

I would NOT recommend Dolly Eye in Grey as a relacement for Coopervisions Natural Touch Baby Blue. I have Dolly Eye Blue and in the past have owned Dolly Eye Blue as well as Dolly Eye Brown. I will gladly do a review of my more recent pair. That being stated while I personally love the Dolly Eye Blue lenses (as I'm a sucker for anything blue and dramatic) They are NOWHERE close to the overall effect of Natural Touch. The closest lens on the market imho is Bausch&Lomb Softlens Natural Colors in Platinum. It gives a similar effect to natural Touch and Elegance in Grey. They also have a shade (Pacifica I believe) that gives a similar look to Natural Touch Soophisticated Blue/Elegance Dark Blue.

Unknown said...

Great review Greg. How much did you spend on these contacts? We've set up a contact lens store which sells them for super cheap. http://www.contactlensescentral.com/Freshlook-Colorblends-2-Pack-p/freshlook-colorblends-2-pack.htm

Check us out!

Gregg said...

To be honest I don't pay more than $25.00 USD per box (that includes 3 pairs), and that's usually after I've reached the limit my insurance will pay out and have to pay the discounted rate instead.