Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tanorexic

We've been having a surge of decent weather where I live lately. Not sunshine and daisys but sunshine, chills and MELTING snow! (I suppose if you don't live where snow is a witner staple it's not a problem. But for some of us who do it is).

Well I've gone the route of tanning again recently. I am one of those people who prefers the healthy look of tanned skin. It makes you look more youthful, healthy, and put together. I am preparing to hop in a tanning bed soon. but I've opted for airbrushing until then. It get's to expensive to keep it up like I do so I won't lie. I maintain it at home with a self tanner.

There are plenty of ones on the market. When keeping it up at home I prefer to use the following. L'Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise Sublime Bronze aerosal self tanner. I grb the streak free medium shade when I get it. It supposedly coems in light and dark as well..I've personally yet to see it. I have olive/tan skin naturally with a slight golden undertone. This particular shade works well with my natual coloring once developed. It also works well when applied over a uv tan or a natural tan in the summer.

Occassionally I will use a lotion. This is generally when I don't have time to go to an actual tanning salon and need a good base. I prefer to have some sort of a base tan before applying an aerosal tan whether at home or not. I use Banana Boat Summer Color Sunless Tanner Tinted Lotion in Light/Medium. I occasionally use Deep/Dark but usually only after having an actual UV or Natural tan. It's a good base over my natural color. It also helps create a more natural effect with the aerosal tan while adding a good depth. I personally turn a nice bronze color with this, but I know some individuals who are naturally fairskinned who can occasionally turn slightly orange from using it.

For upkeep I use Jergans Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer for medium skintones. This is a daily moisturizer that also contains a tint that gradually applies a tan to the user. I like this as a daily moisturizer for my skin period. In the summer and winter my skin can get particularly dry so I need a good moisturizer. I also have sensitive skin prone to breakouts and this does a good job of not clogging my pores. If you use it daily with a self tannner or UV/Natural Tan as a good, effective way up maintaining the color you've achieved. It can also be used year round on it's own as a good way to create and maintain a natural glow/tan to the skin. I use this year round regardless.

Just basically it. I finished applying my layer of aerosal to keep up my spray tan's I've been having applied lately. Well I'm getting tired and bored so this is it. Feel free to leave any thought or comments regarding this. Or any you use!

No comments: